2016 Beauty Favorites
Hello, class! It’s time for our annual beauty favorites post! I’ve torn through my stash to find some real stand-out products from 2016. Keep in mind that there will be some affiliate links floating around here, so if you’re not comfortable clicking those, just type the products into your search engine! Let’s do this.
- Favorite Primer: Too Faced Hangover – This primer is light yet somehow insanely moisturizing. And the scent – coconut – really seals the deal for me. I prefer this for under my liquid and serum foundations as it seems to work very well in conjunction with those formulas.
- Favorite Foundation: Anastasia Beverly Hills Stick Foundation – I use a mix of the shades Warm Alabaster and Porcelain. I find this foundation to be incredibly easy to apply. It also wears wonderfully throughout the day, with little breaking down in oily areas.
- Favorite Concealer/Corrector: By Terry Touche Veloutee Highlighting Concealer Brush – I kid you not when I say this is best product I’ve ever used for the undereye area. It blends seamlessly with the surrounding makeup and any creasing is minimal compared to the many other concealers and correctors I’ve attempted to use!
- Favorite Blush: NARS Dual Intensity Blush Palette – NARS’ dual intensity formula for blushes is one of my all-time favorites. So when they came out with a palette that had four pans, I knew it had to be mine. This palette did not disappoint and I would recommend getting it before it’s gone forever.
- Favorite Multi-Purpose Face Palette: Tarte Tarteist Pro Glow Highlight and Contour Palette – This is not the type of palette I’d usually be into, but the quality of the powders in this product sold me immediately. The contour creme and matte powder blend beautifully, and the highlighting and bronzer shades and subtle and pretty.
- Favorite Highlighter Palette: Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit Moonchild – This set of six ethereal shades is perfect for those who like an off-beat highlight. The colors can also double as eyeshadow, or be layered over other products.
- Favorite Eye Primer: MAC Prep and Prime 24 Hr Extend Eye Base – This easy-to-apply base really helps shadow last all day long.
- Favorite Brow Product: MAC Big Brow Pencil – This chubby pencil is so easy to use when you’re pressed for time. It fills in brows without showing any clear pencil marks, and the wax-like formula keeps the little hairs in place.
- Favorite Eye Palette: Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance-As you know, I love my warm eye shadow colors! This palette is the perfect set of warm-tones hues. As you would expect from an ABH palette, the quality is stellar.
- Favorite Single Eye Shadow: NARS Pool Shark – This delightful periwinkle shade is beautiful in summer and winter. It is intensely pigmented and applies beautifully. It’s also limited edition, so get yours now!
- Favorite Mascara: Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara – For me, mascara is about two things – the formula and the brush. This mascara wins in both categories as both factors enhance this product’s ability to add volume and length to my stubby lashes.
- Favorite Liquid Lipstick: ColourPop Ultra Satin in Dopey – This is my favorite formula of all time, and this happens to be the shade I wore to my wedding. I did not have to touch up even once.
- Favorite New Lipstick Formula: Urban Decay Vice Lipstick Metallized (shown: Studded) – I love this formula with all my heart. It’s sheer, but not overly so, and the glitter adds dimension. I recommend Studded, Big Bang and Wildfire.
I would love to read about your favorites from 2016! Please link to them in the comments.