2017 Beauty Favorites
Happy New Year! Thank you for sticking with This Teacher for another whole year! Today’s post is my favorite of every year- the one where I get to share my favorites. This year I’ve included only the categories where I have a clear-cut favorite based on usage (and Instagram appearances!) I hope you enjoy reading about my 2017 Beauty Favorites.
- Favorite Foundation: Guerlain Lingerie De Peau – I find myself comparing every new foundation I get to this one. It is the only base I’ve found that does not crease at my laugh lines and most days it doesn’t break up on my nose. These factors alone lead the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau to be my “holy grail” foundation.
- Favorite Eyeshadow Palette(s): Natasha Denona Lila Palette and Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette – These palettes are essentially polar opposites as far as eye shadow palettes go! The Natasha Denona Lila Palette SWATCHED HERE boasts the amazing Natasha Denona formula in fairy tale-worthy shades. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Subculture Palette SWATCHED HERE has incredibly pigmented, grungy shades that speak to my soul. It got mixed reviews on social media, but hey, these are my favorites, not anyone else’s!
- Favorite Eyeshadow Single: Natasha Denona Chroma Crystal Top Coat in Grey-Brown – I loooovvvveeee this product. I love it on its own. I love it over shadow. And over lipstick. Do yourself a favor and get just one of these Chroma Crystal Top Coats. SWATCHED HERE
- Favorite Mascara: Benefit Roller Lash – This has made an appearance in my favorites before. It is only of the only mascaras that curls my lashes and keeps them curled all day long.
- Favorite Blush: NARS Liquid Blush in Orgasm – This blush blends so easily yet doesn’t fade away completely like some liquid blushes do. It is a beautiful natural color and I would probably wear it every day if I didn’t have approximately one million blushes to rotate between.
- Favorite Highlighter(s): Nudestix Nudies All Over Face Color Bronze + Glow in Hey, Honey and Becca Light Chaser Highlighter in Opal Flashes Jade – These are obviously two different types of highlighting products! The Nudestix Hey, Honey is a beautiful creamy product with just enough color to be slightly bronzing yet also highlighting. It is wonderful for a natural look. The Becca Light Chaser Opal Flashes Jade is interesting because it has a very natural base color but the slightly green shift adds an ethereal quality. It looks great on slightly tanner skin (thus I used it mostly in the summer!)
- Favorite Lipstick(s): YSL Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain in Rosewood Gang and Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Liquified Lipstick in Pare – This was a tough one because I wanted to find a combination of both favorite color and favorite formula. I’ve also had a number of possible favorites come into my life quite recently (heyyy, Fenty) but I chose to leave those for next year. The YSL matte lip stain is amazing. It feels so light on the lips but has staying power like nobody’s business. Shade 5 DISCUSSED HERE is beautiful for everyday but can also be paired with an evening eye, if you choose. The Bite Beauty liquid formula is an unexpected favorite because I usually like a matte lip. However, the shade Pare has helped me to discover that burnt orange is my power color. It makes me feel so confident that I now need all the orange-red lipsticks.
- Favorite Lip Gloss: MAC Grand Illusion Glossy Liquid Lip Color in Let’s Rock – OK, so I suppose this is marketed as a liquid lipstick not a gloss, but I feel strongly that it functions in my life as a gloss. Let’s Rock is the most beautiful copper with green shift and I get so many compliments on it. SWATCHED HERE
Did you share any of my beauty favorites in 2017? Please let me know in the comments section!
Thank you so much for reading and for continuing to support This Teacher Wears Makeup. I feel truly blessed for every single person that visits my page each day. Wishing you and your family a happy new year.